This weekend features some of the most diverse and widespread electronic acts Colorado has seen in a while. From Colorado’s own Big Gigantic headlining back to back nights at The Fillmore (benefiting flood victims) and Red Rocks, to one of the UK’s most talked-about house acts, Dusky, teaming up with Australian talent Cassian at Norad Dance Bar, to DJ Shadow headlining three different CO cities, there will be no shortage of live electronic music to satisfy your craving to dance. Below we’ve listed five acts that we personally recommend you consider.
1. Thursday, Sept. 26: DJ Shadow at The Gothic Theatre, Englewood
- DJ Shadow needs no introduction. He is one of the most durable and versatile acts out there, and one of the only major players from the 90s to remain relevant throughout the modern wave of EDM and hip hop that has taken the world by storm. His ability to adapt to the current scene while still staying true to his old school hip hop roots is hardly rivaled. You can win a pair of tickets to Shadow’s show at The Gothic by visiting the Electronic Colorado Facebook page.
- Tickets (All Ages)
2. Friday, Sept. 27: Dusky & Cassian at Norad Dance Bar, Denver
- We talk about HOME Fridays Presented by TheHundred at Norad Dance Bar A LOT. And trust us, it’s for a good reason. If you haven’t experienced a HOME or a Hundred party yet, there will be, perhaps, no better show to pop your Hundo cherry at than the Dusky and Cassian show this Friday. It may not be the biggest name on the Marquee across Denver this Friday, but it will likely be the biggest dance party. HOME is no stranger to hosting big name deep house and nu disco acts from all over the world (Blond:ish, Derrick Carter, and Bag Raiders to name a few), and this Friday is no exception. Cassian could easily headline any number of clubs in Colorado, so the fact that he is opening for the UK’s Dusky should tell you that this show is sure to pop off.
- Tickets (21+)
3. Saturday, Sept. 28: ROWDYTOWN II, feat. Big Gigantic & Adventure Club
- We won’t say too much about this show, because frankly, you’ve probably heard all you need to. Big G is not only one of the biggest and best things to come out of Colorado, they are one of the biggest and best things in the North American EDM scene period. Their rise to EDM stardom feels like it happened over night. But don’t be fooled, their tireless work ethic, originality, and undying gratitude to their fans has been evident for years. This is their second headlining Red Rocks show, and it will feature the likes of the very talented and equally successful bass music vets Adventure Club opening up the festivities.
- The bad news: the show is sold out, but tickets are still floating around Facebook, Craigslist, and Stubhub.
4. Saturday, Sept. 28: Daedelus & Insightful at Cervantes’ Other Side
- Since the Big G Red Rocks show sold out a while back, it’s only fair that we give you another option of how to spend your Saturday night. Daedelus, like most smart artists, has been through Colorado quite a few times recently. He has been a mainstay in the scene for over ten years, headlining clubs, venues, and festivals. He is skillful across a variety of genres including drum & bass, dubstep, hip hop, nu disco, and ambient. This show is presented by Euphonic Conceptions, who have made a big name for themselves bringing raw, original, and highly touted acts to the high country and beyond. Insightful opens up what is sure to be a fun night.
- Tickets (16+)
5. Saturday, Sept. 28: El Ten Eleven & Eliot Lipp at The Black Sheep, Colorado Springs
- Since it’s Electronic Colorado and not Electronic Denver, by rule we had to include a show outside of Denver. And it’s hard to find a better one this weekend than El Ten Eleven and Eliot Lipp (of Pretty Lights Music). It may come as a surprise that neither of these acts are from Colorado, given how much they both tour the Centennial State. It makes sense, considering the large respective fan bases they have here. If you’re looking for a great show this weekend that features the soul of talented live musicians and the energetic vibe of an EDM/hip hop show, this is the one for you. El Ten Eleven is essentially a rock band, but they are progressive, soulful, and stylish. Eliot Lipp is more or less a household name in the electro hip hop scene, pioneered here in Colorado. He is a key member of Pretty Lights Music, and while his style meshes wonderfully with his PLM label mates, he has certainly paved his own road, laced with classic hip hop and 808 beats; a touch on the chiller side, but no doubt full of soul and sexiness.
- Tickets (All Ages)
Find a full listing of shows across CO this weekend and every week(end) on our homepage. Whatever you decide to do this weekend, have fun and be safe. Much love Colorado!